Monday, January 14, 2013

1-11-13

1-11-13




Today was not as pleasant as yesterday. Started off OK I guess. Awake at 0645, breakfast and then clinic. I did the wheelchair and CPR pocket mask checks which have to be done each voyage. This involved going to every crew stairwell landing and every restaurant and roaming all over the ship to verify that what was supposed to be there was. It took a couple of hours and introduced me to nooks and crannies of which I was previously unaware.



Then lunch and more clinic. Somewhere in this mix I started thinking. Then I reality checked my thinking. You see, there is a conference for full time cruise nurses who will be LMO (Lead Medical Officer). This conference is in San Diego the week of my first cruise with the family. Since I was only penciled in on the cruise, it means they are planning on taking me off of the first 10 day rotation. This causes a lot of problems. I'm not really sure how to deal with them all. Loss of 10 days of much needed pay. Loss of cruising time with the family...much needed time with the family. That would halve the amount of time they would get to cruise with me, which would make us question the cost effectiveness of taking the other half of the cruise. Dominos knocking over other dominos leading to getting squished by an opportunity.



I don't really know what to do about it all. On top of that, I was going to come in and write after I sent an email or two out, but when I went to the clinic, the 1st call was getting a call about two patients coming down. Trying to be a team player, I got stuck over there for an hour working. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment