Sunday, April 21, 2013

4/21/13

Today we arrived in Raratonga, Cook Islands.  I'm not sure if I will get off. 

You see, it is a tender port and a short day.  We are here from 0800 until 1600 or so.  As crew members, we are obliged to wait until the passengers are off, or at least most of them.  At some point after most have left, they call 'open tenders' and crew can leave.  That will likely happen around 11.  If we leave at 4, the last tender is scheduled for 3:30.  There will be a line of approximately 30 minutes to an hour to get aboard.  So, if it takes 15-20 minutes to get ashore on the tender that leave....let's see, carry the one...Oh wait, I forgot, I'm second call today too, which means that I have to split time with the doctor, so cut that time in half and then double the travel time,(once for each of us) and if we both go ashore there is barely time to stand up and say, "I'm in Raratonga!" before you have to go stand in line to get back aboard the tender. 

We shall see, but it doesn't look good.  Sarah and the boys, however, can go ashore as soon as open tenders is called and see the sights.  Maybe she will take some pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment