The best things about this job, in no particular order.
- Michael's shout of, 'Whooaaa, awesome!" when he sees something he really likes.
- Max fist bumping and high-fiving his "A-deck friends"
- Sarah standing at the railing with the wind blowing through her hair and smiling
- Sarah and the boys excited, words tumbling over each other to tell me what they did on today's adventure.
- The kids as Club HAL and Sarah and I get alone time.
- Michael getting excited about seeing new animal species, scanning with his binoculors and studying the books.
- Max so easily making every girl on the ship fall in love with him.
Sensing a theme?
For those of you who leave your family for an extended time on a regular basis, I don't understand you, at all. I feel like an idiot right now for not being with mine. This job isn't really fun without them.
I'm hoping Miche's arrival and excitement will help.
As I always say, life is tough, get a helmet.
I really think I would be better at least somewhat if I had something reliable to write on. I just feel like a complete waste. Ugh.
I'll get over it. This is a personal journal as much as it is a blog. I don't just record the pretty stuff.
Personal note. Try to remember, or even write down, the lady who fell into the jacuzzi. "Almost a widow!" And the umbrella.