Monday, March 11, 2013

3-11-13

Well, it is official.  I don't like Aruba.

Now don't get me wrong...if Aruba was the only Caribbean destination on the trip or it was the only option, it would be fine.  But, it doesn't have the same character and color as Curacao, doesn't have the Panama Canal of Panama or the scenic beauty that Costa Rica has, that I haven't seen.  Aruba is mostly booze, shopping and beaches.  None of those things are high on my list. 

Also, Aruba is BBQ night on the ship.  This is where they eschew using the Lido dining area, where things are set up to serve a high number of people food in a smooth and efficient manner and instead set up temporary BBQ grills on the aft pool deck.  Then they try to arrange lines around in what appears to be a total Charlie Foxtrot.  Now, the poor passengers who have just figured out where to go and how to go about the ship are faced with this new thing.  It has less food options, is inefficient and confusing, but it's outside!  Not like it is constantly windy in Aruba or anything. 

I think it is one of those ideas that sounds great on paper. 

So that was my day.  Tomorrow I am first call. 

I finished the book I was reading yesterday.  Ahh the power of a day off with nowhere to go and no laptop on which to write.  It was OK, but nothing spectacular.  I got a new book from the library about Scott Fisher.  He was one of the mountain guides who died on Everest in 1996.  Should be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment