Monday, June 18, 2012

6/18/12

I write today from the inside of Irv.  Back home again.  Woke up late this morning and packed up.  Moved back home and resettled...mostly. There are still a few things undone, but there is a little time in which to do them. 

It was a good day.  We got home, got set up.  I got a decent workout in, went to the store to resupply and now back home, with a drink.  Kids are asleep and I get to sleep in my own bed tonight.  Good times. 

The workout today was good.  I ran 2.4 miles to the park where I performed a circuit of 20 push ups, 60 second plank, ten 33 inch box jumps and 5 chin ups.  I did the circuit three times and ran home.  Not too shabby for missing workouts essentially for a week.  I'll take it. 

Tonight I am going for one last good look through the short story for AFO and then I think I'll post it.  It isn't great and never will be, but it is a short, it is done and I need the practice.  I fully suspect I will have half a dozen shorts before I can write one I will really like every once in a while. 

Now time to grind out some more work, workouts and stories.  Next big event is the Tough Mudder.  After that we will see.  I think we are planning a Monterey Bay Aquarium trip and we would love to get back down to see family in San Marcos again. 

I noticed that both my Dad and my Sister joined the AFO forums.  I wonder if they will post or simply lurk.  Lurking is fun.  Posting is more so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment