Sunday, May 20, 2012

5/20/12

Well I found out today that one of my cousins died.  He was 25 years old and died of what sounds like a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head.  That sucks.  More for his immediate family than anything else.  As an ER nurse I have some pretty negative views on suicide.  Views that I won't air right now.  Whatever he was dealing with is now over for him, but just beginning for his mother, sisters and family.  Again...it sucks.

Today was cleaning day.  We got out and washed the RV, truck and car.  This as all before we found out about Anthony.  After that, Sarah and I were a little down to say the least.  So, for a while, we ditched the chores and went out in the dunes to play with our kids.  They manage to brighten us up.  I wish we could do the same for Debbie, Jaymee and Kelsey and Uncle Rick and all the others that are tangled up in this.

Back to work tomorrow.  Real work.  In the ER even.  I will get oriented to the new unit on the last day of the unit.  Tuesday, they move to a new hospital right next door to the old one.  Possibly a new computer system too.  Should be interesting.  I get to be there for the move too.

There are a few problems with Irv that I am going to have to start getting serious about too.  That is a project for next week.  Shaping up to be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment