Thursday, May 3, 2012

Long day of driving today.  Just over 300 miles.  That's pretty long with 3 and 6 year old passengers.

Arrived safely at the Meteor Crater RV park.  Got to take a picture or two of the old abandoned building that I like so much and may take some more tomorrow.  The plan to to take Mom to see the crater in the morning.  Tomorrow will be a short drive of around 100 miles so no hurry getting out.

The sunset was gorgeous tonight and I took some pictures but haven't looked at them yet.  I'm sure they are awesome.  How could they not be?  Sarah made a fish chowder tonight for dinner which is a stretch because she usually doesn't like fish.  Then we sat and tried to watch Starman in honor of our visit.  Nothing doing though, the connection was too bad.

So we broke out the telescope and checked out the stars.  For the first time I actually saw the rings of Saturn.  Way cool.  Now I am going to try to convince Sarah to go out and see a shooting star for the first time.  I can't believe she has never seen one.  I saw two tonight.  I love firsts.




No comments:

Post a Comment