Monday, July 1, 2013

7/1/13

Welcome to July.  And of course Sarah wants me to mention this is her birthday month.  Well, she made sure to mention it to me anyway.

I saw a Facebook post from a friend of mine that stated, and I'm paraphrasing here, "When life throws something unexpected your way, just yell, 'Plot Twist!' and move on."

Plot twist!

We woke up this morning with the idea that it would be something relaxing prior to my first day tomorrow.  But what with the car acting up yesterday, we had to check it out.  There was this grinding noise coming from the engine compartment.  That is almost never a good thing.  Maybe if you were using the engine from a 99 Honda Civic as an instrument in a heavy metal band, that grind would be a good thing, but that's about it.  I went out and tried to diagnose it, but couldn't.  Whatever it was, I no longer trusted the car to carry me reliably to work tomorrow.  That can't stand.  So we went to Yelp and found a local mechanic with good reviews.  Right now Hondo is there, in the car hospital all alone and scared.  Our bank account is scared too.

Nothing to be done yet.

We went to eat last night with Sarah's cousin Russel.  I met him on our last pass through Albuquerque in October.  I really enjoyed hanging out with him then and now.  It is great when you meet someone and your humor matches.  Just a really cool guy.  He is a corporate chef for a restaurant chain that is local here. Cooking has always been something of an unpleasant chore to me.  I can see talking to him, how it could be an enjoyable and profitable career.

So far Santa Fe has been a mixed bag.   The place and people have been fine, but we are limping along a little bit.

If awesome was easy, everyone would do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment