Saturday, May 11, 2013


Sorry everyone.  I wasn't taken down to the briny deep of Davy Jones Locker by the Kraken.  I didn't succumb to the siren's song.  I just got busy, a little bit of a cold and, mostly, lazy.

We went to Victoria, BC; Vancouver, BC and then today were in Seattle.  Also, today, we changed out passenger physician, LMO and the other MO.  So, I was first call yesterday and then second call today.  Just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. 

This morning was a busy one.  I got up early and out to the terminal for a full crew customs inspection and then back in to medical to watch the morning clinic for DonDon and get a newly required, special physical from a different doctor.  He seemed like a really nice guy.  Went back to the room and got ready to go out.  We got a call on the room phone and it was the crew office saying we needed to hurry and get Sarah and the boys off so they could get to 0 count and start loading passengers.  So, we hurried out and went to the nearest gangway, which was the normal passenger gangway.  Well, it was pretty deserted since all the other passengers were off.  There was no all aboard sign up, but we figured it was 30 minutes prior to departure as normal, so 4:30.  Out we went to explore Seattle. 

We figured, to be safe, we should be back by between 3 and 3:30.  We were in a cab on the way back when DonDon calls and asks where the heck we were.  Security had been looking for us.  All aboard was at 2:30 and it was 2:55.  Uh oh.  So, we rushed and made it back aboard by about 3:05, just in time for me to do the passenger boat drill as second call.  Crap.  I forget this is a turnaround port and all aboard is earlier because of the drill.  So, I was thinking third call, because it was supposed to be my third call day and we have done disembarkation days the past two days because of all the people who ended their cruise in Vancouver and Victoria.  Oh well, no harm no foul.  As we were rushing in from the cab I told Sarah, "They can only fire me once." 

Anyway, I am going to do a little pictures catch up from the past few days. 

Of course, Victoria...The Empress.  All we had time to do was walk from the ship to the Empress and back to the ship.  Maybe next time.

Well, Michael and Max found time to go run and play in the grass.  As would be expected. 

And Sarah had time to soak up some Knowledge. 

This was in Vancouver.  I was on the ship.  I have no idea. 

Sarah in Seattle, looking lovelier than the mountains behind her. 

I don't know why this is backwards.  The tree prohibits the real M&M picture I was going for.  I didn't get a chance to explore what that might appear between from the opposite vantage point. 

What is it?  Giant Squid.  What does Max want to do.  Climb that Fu#%*r!

No comments:

Post a Comment