Saturday, April 13, 2013

4-12-13

Another sunny day in Honolulu.  Today went a little bit differently.  I helped with a busy morning clinic before heading out.  I drug Sarah and the kids on a little pilgrimage.  We walked about 2 miles inland from the ship to go to the Nu'uanu mortuary and I visited the grave of the founder of Kajukenbo, Sijo Adriano Emperado. 

Then we went to Wal Mart. 

It was a pleasant walk through the Palama area of Honolulu.  I was second call, so we got back just in time for me to run the afternoon clinic.  We got one of our disembarked passengers back aboard to continue the cruise.  It was their 40th anniversary cruise, so that makes me happy. 

Tomorrow I am first call, but thanks to the incredible generosity of my LMO, Susan Holtom and the generosity of Laura Johnston, the other MO (as well as an odd rule of US customs), I am going to get part of tomorrow off so we can take Michael on a special birthday trip.  It should be fun.

Sailing away with Diamond Head in the background.


Kids climb trees. 



Sijo.


Just a lovely little stream we passed on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment