Thursday, May 17, 2012

5/17/12

The orientation goes on...and on...and on.

At my last contract the orientation lasted about 2 hours.  I was then taking patients on my own in the ER. This week long orientation is killing me.  Then they tell me that all staff nurses get an orientation between 9-12 weeks depending on the unit.  GAH!  I don't think I could handle that.  Give me a day...maybe two.  Line me up and I will figure it out.

Another interesting development is the release of a book.

http://www.amazon.com/Campfire-Tales-From-Hell-ebook/dp/B0083XYSWM

I have an essay in this book.  Yep.  I'm published again.  This time in a real book.  It is non-fiction though, which is still pretty cool as far as I am concerned.  This group of people is amazing and it has been an honor to contribute to this project.  If you are a writer, actor or artist that needs to know about violence for your craft, this book will hook you up.  If you work security, bouncer or other high risk occupation this book might save your life.  If you are simply interested in learning more about the world around this book will open your eyes.  Yep, I am a fan.  My little essay is the least of them.  There is a Kindle version on Amazon, another version for different e-readers on Smashwords and there will be an on demand paperback on createspace in the not too distant future.

Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment