Thursday, June 27, 2013

6-27-13

Wow, what a crazy couple of days. 

We accepted a contract in Santa Fe, N.M.  Of course this wasn't as easy as it sounded.  I had to update certifications, physicals, medical records, employment examinations and, this was a first, get my own respirator fit test. 

Then we had to leave.  That sucked.  I was looking forward to spending the summer in Oklahoma with family.  I wanted to hang out with my sister and the various relatives that would tromp through.  But, I also needed a paycheck, so we left.  The things we do for money.

None of this even starts to describe what I am now calling, The Escape From Red Dirt.  The process of getting the RV out of Michelle's property could possibly find its way into a Jackie Chan movie.  It was some stunt work.   That will need its own blog post some day.  And then another about the 106 degree temperatures today driving through the Texas panhandle.  But it will have to wait.  I am tired and we are getting up early tomorrow to attempt to beat the worst of the heat. 

For now we are safe, dry and cooling off to a human temperature in Vega, TX. 


No comments:

Post a Comment