Thursday, April 18, 2013

4/19A/13

So, to answer the date question.  I turns out that the international date line takes a jog east to encompass Fanning Island because it is a part of Kiribati, which is on the west side of the line.  So, today is the 19th and tomorrow will be too.  Got it?

We did, however, cross the equator around 0530 this morning.  I felt the bump.  We aren't going to have a Neptune ceremony until the return trip for some scheduling reason beyond my pay grade.  So, it's hot. 

So, yesterday was Fanning island, and by a stroke of good fortune, I managed to get off the ship for a couple of hours.  I am going to put some pictures up later.  I can't right now for various clinical reasons.

Did I mention the heat? 

It's a sea day.  I finally got in a run.  It was the first since Colombia.  I know.  I know.  Something happened to my knee on the trip and it is just now feeling better.  So, I got two miles in on the treadmill and some various random other excercises.  Man that's boring.  How about the kids...  They discovered ping pong up on the Lido deck.  Well, not really ping pong so much as serve and chase.  One of them manages to hit the ball on the serve after a few tries.  The ball flies right past the other who chases it down and returns to repeat the process.  Good fun. 

I should stick with the pictures.  I hope to get them updated later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment