Monday, April 15, 2013

4-14-13

Lahaina on the island of Maui.  I offered to stay onboard on my third call day so someone else could get off.  I offered multiple times even, but no one took me up on it.  So, when I realized I was just going to be standing around, I left.  It was a tender port and the seas were 6-8 feet.  So the Sarah and the kids got a taste of small boats on the sea. 

We didn't do much, just tooled around the wharf area.  The largest banyan tree in the U.S. is there and it is magnificent.  I am such a tree hugger.  It takes up an acre of space on its own.  They have a market set up under its branches. 

Enough talkie talk.  Time for the pictures.  Some from yesterday and some from today.


Scene 1: Hawaii Volcanos National Park on the big island of Hawaii. 

Title Shot:

The family standing inside a crater looking at a crater inside another crater. 


It was awesome.  There are lots more pictures than I have bandwidth to upload right now, so this will have to suffice. 


So, I'm a tree hugger.  Look at this thing.  And it isn't a 'special' tree.  It was just next to the drive up coffee kiosk.  Yes, the little yellow thing at the bottom is me. 



Title shot for the second adventure of the day.


We came around a bend in the trail and caught site of the waterfall for the first time and I managed to catch Michael's reaction.  He isn't shading his eyes, but protecting his glasses from the light rain which had begun to fall.


The waterfall in question.  Yup, I'm a sucker for a good waterfall.


As you can imagine, there were plenty of photographer types there.  We coerced one into taking this picture. 


Just a cute little waterfall back off the trail a bit.


Michael at his party in the medical center.  No, the biohazard box wasn't a present. 


The trunk of the largest banyan tree in the US. 


More pictures when bandwidth permits. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the boys could actually have a good time with the biohazard box. It's a great size for boys with such imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Kelli, good idea. The problem is that it would be too easy to mistke them for a REAL biohazard and then where would we be?

    ReplyDelete