Monday, June 14, 2010

And the countdown begins

Tick tock.

I go in tomorrow and put in my two weeks notice. Got a lot done in the past few days. We got the fifth wheel picked out and financed. Got the job interview done. We got the contract for the new job drawn up and signed. Had another garage sale. We will probably have two more. The final one will likely be followed by loading up some stuff to donate to goodwill and move the rest to that strategic spot on the curb. Yep, been busy. Good for you though, keeps the anxiety low.

Doing more research. It isn't easy to make the decisions when each piece seems so critical. This time it is the fifth wheel hitch. The one that is in the truck was broken. Thanks again to the seller for his high moral character. I'm betting he lied about not knowing what the check engine light was about too. Oh well.

And we entertained visitors this past week. My mom was in town. It was great to see her. She and my mother-in-law probably contributed to us getting the particular trailer we ended up with. It was me against the three moms and it wasn't hard to tell which one was right. I do think this one will work out better though. I researched several makes, models and floor plans exhaustively. We went to the dealer with a plan A and a plan B. Then we called an audible when the mom's noticed how much better this other trailer would work and it was only around 10% more.

It is an Open Range 429 BHS for those of you who are interested. You can take a virtual tour on the Open Range website. Check it out.

So tomorrow I get to take a break from disassembling my life and go work 12 hours in the ER. Yeah....much less stress.

tick tock.

No comments:

Post a Comment